St. Peter’s Church located in St. George, on Staten Island’s North Shore, is the oldest of the 36 Roman Catholic parishes on Staten Island, established in 1839, and located at 53 St. Marks Place, Staten Island, NY 10301.
Magnificent French Gothic in style,standing majestically on top of the hill over looking the treasured North Shore waterfront. The church’s vaulted ceiling that towers high above the worshippers is so ingeniously constructed that no interior pillars are necessary, and consequently the view from every corner of the church is unobstructed. Many of the stained-glass windows, which add a colorful touch to the cathedral-like effect, were fashioned of Munich glass from Germany. The onyx altar rail was imported from Italy, and the Stations of the Cross came from France.